Microsoft shows off touch-sensitive mice prototypes

By Jos
Oct 7, 2009
  1. We've seen a number of creative uses for multi-touch technology in recent times, from the gesture-controlled interface on Apple's iPhone (and the wave of devices that followed), to its use in tablet computers, laptop tackpads and less mainstream devices like Microsoft's surface. With the launch of Windows 7 just around the corner and all the hype that surrounds it, we expect to see a lot more of this trend.

Read the whole story
  2. BlindObject

BlindObject TS Rookie Posts: 412

I must say, some of those are really cool, but nothing quite revolutionary. The first one is my favorite cause it has the regular mouse functions with some new ideas like the iTouch like movements and some new thumb buttons. I'd imagine it would be a pain in the butt to hot key everything the way you like though. =)
  3. ¼ of a hotdog

¼ of a hotdog TS Enthusiast Posts: 188

Looks like those mice would be good for 3d modeling and animation.
  4. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,212   +174

Those mice look neat. I like the designs, but they look like they do a better job with multi-touch than they do for pointing. I'm also a little worried about the longevity of those mice - what sort of failure rate will they have? And the lack of a mechanical button might be an issue for drag-n-drop situations.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.