TechSpot

Microsoft simplifies Windows 8 EULA, rewrites terms

By Rick
Aug 20, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Microsoft's Windows EULA (end-user license agreement) has traditionally consisted of posterior-covering blobs of legalese. According to ZDNet though, with Windows 8, Microsoft has completely rewritten the agreement in "plain English". Also, for the first time, the EULA allows for legally……

Read more
  2. tonylukac

tonylukac TS Maniac Posts: 876   +22

90% of the computers in China run a pilfered version of windows.
  3. DanUK

DanUK TS Enthusiast Posts: 189   +7

Woah, an EULA that doesn't look like a **** ton of lawyer jargon.. what a refreshing change hah.
  4. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 970   +84

Maybe I can understand this one! All the other agreements, I just had my cat step on the space bar. So legally, all my software is signed by Fluffy... take her to court! :p
    DanUK likes this.
  5. dennis777

dennis777 TS Enthusiast Posts: 276   +29

this is new.. a EULA that can be understandable... has anyone bother reading a EULA :p
  6. RubinOnRye

RubinOnRye TS Rookie Posts: 56

This really bites for the companies that build computers for people like TigerDirect and mom and pop shops.
  7. TJGeezer

TJGeezer TS Enthusiast Posts: 385   +10

We'll see how effective the new strategy is. Gotta say, MS sure sends mixed signals about its feeling toward its own users. Wasn't there something about the MS billionaires preferring that pirates at least run Windows?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.