Microsoft sold 2 million Windows Phone 7 devices last quarter

Emil

Microsoft has sold over 2 million Windows Phone 7 devices through its various partners in the last quarter. The software giant doesn't have the actual number of handsets sold to users because mobile operators are not contractually obligated to provide the company with activation numbers and sell-through data. While sales aren't particularly exceptional, the good news is that the satisfaction rate is high, according to Microsoft:

"93 percent of Windows Phone customers are satisfied or very satisfied with Windows Phone 7, and 90 percent would recommend the phone to others," Greg Sullivan, senior product manager for Windows Phone 7, told CNET. "We're absolutely doing things to turn people onto this great thing, that those who have experienced it, love. You will see us continue to do some very visible things in terms of getting that word out, that--boy--once people use this phone, they fall in love with it very quickly."

Last month, the company revealed that it had sold 1.5 million Windows Phone 7 devices in six weeks. Windows Phone 7 devices went on sale in Europe on October 21 and in the US on November 8. In other words, the company shipped another 500,000 in the following four weeks. That's not a particularly high number; the software giant better hope its satisfaction rate increased demand.

This month, Verizon and Sprint are expected to begin selling CDMA Windows Phone 7 devices in the US. Details regarding the mobile operating system's CDMA debut have yet to be released.

Permalink to story.

This is a great phone, very easy to use. I am sure that older people will find the phone will work fine for them. Maybe some young people will use it to, because they can not handle complex things.

I have one and think it a great smart phone option; I look forward to upgrades to OS to increase options. Its by far the easiest smartphone I have used and it does a good job of tieing all the information together in a simple access point; also, I like the idea of live tiles. Good start.

Back