Microsoft talks mobile Office for Windows Phone 8

By Shawn Knight
Oct 30, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Microsoft has introduced a mobile version of Office for Windows Phone 8 that will come pre-installed on every new handset. Bert Van Hoof from Microsoft's Office engineering group outlined five clear objectives they wanted to accomplish with the new software...

Read more
  2. I have but one simple question....What business person, who is of sound mind of course, wants to actually "work" on a cellphone? May I see a show of hands please?

**chirping crickets**

Thank you.
  3. ghasmanjr

ghasmanjr TS Booster Posts: 363   +86

"The first goal was to make all Office documents accessible where and when you want them. "
    They're talking about viewing documents on the go. If you're a businessman, it would be nice and faster to be able to check a spreadsheet on your phone rather than get out a laptop.
  4. dawei1993

dawei1993 TS Rookie Posts: 37

True, but most cellphones now have free apps that allow the viewing of office files so... Well since its free I guess it doesn't matter anyway.
  5. RubinOnRye

RubinOnRye TS Rookie Posts: 57

I use my phone all the time so I don't have to take out my laptop. Also, if I am working at a user machine or in the server room and I need a document either on my Network Drive or my OneNote, I can easily pull it up off my phone rather then having to go to my laptop and pull it up and print it. I save myself time and space because my phone fits in my pocket and my laptop is big and bulky, even with a 14 inch screen. I just wish they made a Galaxy Note with Windows that way I could write notes for myself, rather then using a steno pad, and actually have them come out clearly.
  6. RubinOnRye

RubinOnRye TS Rookie Posts: 57

You can't view all formulas on those free and paid apps. And the ones you can view some formulas, don't come out right or corrupt my files. When I use office on my WP7 phone, no issues.
  7. ghasmanjr

ghasmanjr TS Booster Posts: 363   +86

This is why I want office for Android.