TechSpot

Microsoft to drop "Windows Live" brand alongside Windows 8 release

By Rick
May 3, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Were you finally getting used to the idea of Microsoft integrating its products and services under its "Windows Live" umbrella? Well, if you're someone who's gotten comfortable with the Windows...

Read the whole story
  2. Another branding change decision or another change in the way they back a device or stop support of a device, MS seem to have no long term backbone with earlier decisions (yes I realise tech is about innovating etc) but there seems to be a real lack of consistency when it comes to MS standing by a brand name / marketing decision or a fundamental way a product works for a consumer they seem to lack confidence when it comes to establishing and maintaining any of these even the flagship OS that is windows has treaded this path now with the upcoming Windows 8 that is neither a desktop OS and neither a Handheld OS but one of each...
  3. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,981   +1,488

I have no need for a @live account. I use Windows Live Mail to access a Windstream email account.
  4. No matter what you call a steaming turd... guess what? It's still a steaming turd.
  5. Mindwraith

Mindwraith TS Enthusiast Posts: 186

People find the most stupid things to complain about..
  6. The new names are pretty generic, I don't like the "live" name, but at least it's a name.

-Ma
  7. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,981   +1,488

Perhaps you could clarify.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.