Microsoft to enter Anti-Virus market

By Phantasm66
Jun 16, 2004
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I've always wondered why Microsoft was not trying to take over this particular market, given that they tend to try to take over everything. Why no Microsoft Disinfectant 2005? Well, looks like this may finally be happening, with announcement yesterday that the company will be doing just that!

"Mike Nash, chief of Microsoft's security business unit, told reporters that Microsoft is developing software to protect personal computers running Windows against malicious software, the worms and viruses that have plagued users with data loss, shutdowns and disruptions in Web traffic in recent years."

More here.
  2. Per Hansson

Per Hansson TS Server Guru Posts: 1,917   +119 Staff Member

3. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 6,504

Yes, I do remember that being on a Win3.1 box that I had. Its just a long lost memory, now.
  4. david5182

david5182 Newcomer, in training Posts: 46

Hahahaha, Microsoft Disinfectant 2005. :D

That made me LOL.
  5. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,304   +52 Staff Member

What will Microsoft AV be like?

Just imagine the most feature packed, bloated anti-virus software available with numerous security issues and there you have it.. ;)
  6. BrownPaper

BrownPaper Newcomer, in training Posts: 467

Leave a bunch of loopholes and exploits in Windows that only Microsoft Anti-virus can protect against. That is the plan for Microsoft...haha.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.