Microsoft to launch Xbox TV next year, focuses on streaming and casual games

By Jos
Nov 21, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Microsoft has been hard at work making the Xbox 360 more than just a gaming console, adding a host of video options and apps alongside features such as the new SmartGlass and a web browser. According to a report from...

Read more
  2. "Microsoft to launch Xbox TV next year, focuses on streaming and casual games"
    So... they are re-releasing the Xbox 360?
  3. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 3,425   +617

Weird, why would they diversify their Xbox product lineup, when they're trying to incorporate a ton of features into the one product?

Also, type on 2nd last paragraph: "...which costs which costs current owners..."
  4. Sunny87

Sunny87 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 120   +11

They all want a slice of that Wii pie and the Wii U want's a slice of that Xbox 360 pie it's like complete role reversal.
  5. Tekkaraiden

Tekkaraiden TechSpot Maniac Posts: 897   +52

I hope we get at least some of the content in Canada.
  6. I think they need to focus on their OS which is a " HIT or a MISS"
  7. ET3D

ET3D TechSpot Paladin Posts: 965   +30

I think that Sunny87 is right. The Wii and other products (Kinect, tablets) has shown that there's a big market for casuals, and it looks pretty obvious that they can be addressed with a low spec product. Ouya is trying it, now Microsoft is trying it. I think that Microsoft has more of a chance of success, but the concept in general is sound.

I think that such a console is likely to compete decently in power with current consoles, I.e., it will offer significantly more performance than the Wii, and probably be able to play semi-hardcore titles.
    Sunny87 likes this.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.