TechSpot

Microsoft to pay $200 million in patent dispute

By Jos
May 17, 2010
  1. Microsoft has agreed to pay $200 million to settle a long-running patent infringement case over the use of VirnetX's virtual private networking (VPN) technology on the software giant's products. That amount represents a substantial markup from the $105.7 million legal judgment initially leveled against Microsoft in the case, back in March.

Read the whole story

2. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

Where do you live?

3. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,511   +314

It sounds like a pack of thieves (i4i Lawyers, Judge) that seem to be able to extract money from the big guy (Microsoft). I wonder if there is something they are not telling us?

4. Tomorrow_Rains

Tomorrow_Rains TS Enthusiast Posts: 179

Big companies like Microsoft need to be reminded that They live in a country where patents are worse than Breaking and Entering, Grand Theft Auto and Rape. Unfortunately its ridiculously hard to prove you are innocent in a patent case. There is information Missing, But Microsoft Deserved it if they lost. IF you're a giant you cannot be gentle, Take Apple for instance, Seems like they're Suing Everyone For Patent's.

5. tonylukac

tonylukac TS Maniac Posts: 913   +22

Whatever happened to the injunction preventing them from selling Office 2007? I guess microsoft just ignored the court.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.