TechSpot

Microsoft to pay $200 million in patent dispute

By Jos
May 17, 2010
  1. Microsoft has agreed to pay $200 million to settle a long-running patent infringement case over the use of VirnetX's virtual private networking (VPN) technology on the software giant's products. That amount represents a substantial markup from the $105.7 million legal judgment initially leveled against Microsoft in the case, back in March.

Read the whole story

2. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 7,241   +9

Where do you live?

3. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,917   +684

It sounds like a pack of thieves (i4i Lawyers, Judge) that seem to be able to extract money from the big guy (Microsoft). I wonder if there is something they are not telling us?

4. Tomorrow_Rains

Tomorrow_Rains TS Enthusiast Posts: 156

Big companies like Microsoft need to be reminded that They live in a country where patents are worse than Breaking and Entering, Grand Theft Auto and Rape. Unfortunately its ridiculously hard to prove you are innocent in a patent case. There is information Missing, But Microsoft Deserved it if they lost. IF you're a giant you cannot be gentle, Take Apple for instance, Seems like they're Suing Everyone For Patent's.

5. tonylukac

tonylukac TS Evangelist Posts: 1,309   +56

Whatever happened to the injunction preventing them from selling Office 2007? I guess microsoft just ignored the court.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.