TechSpot

Microsoft unveils Age of Empires Online, Microsoft Flight

By Jos
Aug 18, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Besides announcing the first wave of Xbox Live games to arrive for Windows Phone 7 devices this holiday season, Microsoft also took the opportunity at GamesCon 2010 to revive some classic PC franchises. First up is Ensemble's popular Age of Empires series, which will return set in a persistent online world shared with friends and rivals around the globe, combining old school real-time strategy with massively multiplayer online game elements.

Read the whole story

2. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,386   +425

Man, I sunk some hours into the original Age of Empires. That was one hella fun series.

3. lordbf1

lordbf1 TS Rookie

I am still playing it AOEII conquerors. I love it.

4. RuskiSnajper

RuskiSnajper TS Rookie Posts: 28

ENSEMBLE WAS THE MOST TALENTED MOST HARDCORE OF DEVELOPERS IN THE 90' AND ONE OF THE 4 , (ID , 3DR , Westwood )

ENSEMBLE RIP

5. Emin3nce

Emin3nce TS Rookie Posts: 129

"To keep system requirements low" ... uhm, the original games on the series aren't exactly running the crytek engine.

6. Gars

Gars TS Enthusiast Posts: 228

same here
    its sad that all my friends has stopped played and now the AI is the only option for me :-/

7. Swanen

Swanen TS Rookie

Graphics in AOE online reminds me of The Settlers ?3?.

8. gobbybobby

gobbybobby TS Maniac Posts: 552

''Robot Entertainment, which is staffed almost entirely by ex-Ensemble Studios '' So y they shut them down? I don't get it! Ensemble was a much better name than ''robot entertainment!''

9. paulanthony

paulanthony TS Rookie

if you wann a game i will give you a game we can swap ip address's just like the old days
    wadda ya say bro?
    wat civ you you play most ?, chinese are fast yeah?

10. Loved age of empires and even up to age of kings was fun. still have my cds and start-up aoe once in a while. That's a game that has replayability for sure. always greatfull to the dev who patched the hack on his own time, remember way back on the zone :)

everquest stole us away as the zone died ms never took care of the game.

still remember having my *** kicked by excellent players. nothing like a tool rush with axers or a later rush with priests :) remember jehad? villies...got crushed by those aswell lol!

was a great game, one of the greats.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.