Microsoft unveils dual-screen tablet concept

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jos

Staff

Microsoft is reportedly working on an interesting new portable device, codenamed Courier, which could compete with current and upcoming tablets -- including Apple's rumored "Media Pad." Gizmodo released an exclusive report today, showing off a tablet prototype with two 7-inch displays sitting side-by-side in booklet fashion, in addition to sporting a built-in camera on the back and Wi-Fi.

The user interface seems quite intriguing as well. In a brief video demonstration the Courier appears to mix multi-touch elements from the iPhone with traditional stylus-based handwriting and drawing and Zune graphical elements. The device is reportedly in a "late prototype" stage and being developed by a group within Microsoft's Entertainment & Devices division -- also responsible for the Xbox, Zune and Windows Mobile.

Gizmodo promises additional information in the coming days. For now, you can check out the Courier's demo video after the jump.

Permalink to story.

I don't really like tablets but I have to admit that this looks pretty darn cool.
In the article you say it uses multi-touch elements from the iPhone. I think you would be more accurate to say it uses touch elements from the Surface (which is another MS product).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back