TechSpot

Microsoft updates Bing Maps with 215TB of high-resolution imagery

By Shawn Knight
Jul 19, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Microsoft has issued an update for Bing Maps that includes 215TB of high-resolution imagery covering the United States and key locations in Europe, Australia, New Zealand and Tokyo. These new snapshots, aptly named Bird's Eye, were captured at a 45……

Read more
  2. Actually I've use Bing Maps for quite some time though recently I needed to find directions to two locations. In the first case, Bing couldn't find the address (fairly new construction) and Google at least found the street. In the second case, Bing offered directions that didn't seem like the best route, while Google gave 3 different route options (the 2nd being Bings option). Just viewing an area it might be nice with new pictures however if it can't help me get there then I'm not sure it's that good.
  3. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +91

I've found that, now powered by Navteq, Bing Maps gives me more accurate results whenever I search for an address. Especially if the place I'm looking for has recently changed location.

Google Maps, however, still offers the best directions.
  4. treeski

treeski TS Guru Posts: 875   +130

Not that I use maps all that often, but I have been using Bing maps for the past couple years and I really haven't had any problems.
  5. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Posts: 5,233   +232

If it don't have street view (& I can't find it) then I'll happily stick with Google maps & Google earth.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.