TechSpot

Microsoft warns: "Apple monopoly too restrictive"

By Julio Franco
Oct 21, 2003
  1. One to laugh about, seriously couldn't MS claims be more ironic?

Microsoft would be negligent if it didn't see Apple's music ambitions as a competitive threat. On the eve of Apple's splashy launch last week, Microsoft offered a Q&A which warned users not to be seduced by iTunes, Apple's integrated MP3 player/ripper/burner/radio/music store, which is now available on Windows.

Read more: The Register.

2. StormBringer

StormBringer TS Rookie Posts: 2,871

You're black, says the kettle to the pot

3. conradguerrero

conradguerrero TS Rookie Posts: 357

Ya they should look up ‘hypocrite’ in the dictionary

4. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,696   +337

I wanted to initially respond with:
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Until I hit the max character limit, because thats one of the funniest computing related things I've heard in a long time.

5. young&wild

young&wild TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,268

Hehe..what a joke! MS, you better start looking yourself at the mirror.

6. TS | Thomas

TS | Thomas TS Rookie Posts: 1,327

AAAAAAAAhahahahaha, Aaahahahaha, ahem. Well, I guess they do have a few points, unfortunately those points can also be levelled right back at Microsoft with a simple "Find & "Replace".

7. BrownPaper

BrownPaper TS Rookie Posts: 467

i do agree that is ironic that microsoft is saying that apple is a monopoly (hahahaha). still, even though microsoft is guilty of monopolistic practices, if (and i mean if) apple is committing uncompetitive business practices, then they are trying to become a monopoly (even if it is outrageous coming from microsoft).

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.