TechSpot

Microsoft's Geniune Windows Policy- Affecting Users?

By Ruraj Joshi
Oct 5, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Definitely, I would say. If Microsoft hadn't put such restriction on, life for many people would've been much easier. I can't download the DirectX 10 sdk so I can't do anything with it, I can't get myself many of the beta's that would've been better for Microsoft itself.
  2. sghiznaneck

sghiznaneck TS Maniac Posts: 544

Well, personally, since I don't run any bootleg copies of software, I don't have the problem. I'm sure this is the same answer that you'll receive from any of our forum members.
  3. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 25,948   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

As far as I`m aware, DirectX10 isn`t compatible with WindowsXP, only Vista.

What exactly is your problem with genuine Windows?

Please note: Techspot has a very strict policy of not condoning pirated software.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:
  4. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,539   +301

What is your angle on this? I can understand someone thats been here a while posting a question like this. But that was your first post here, so what are you trying to get out of us?

In related news, Microsoft removed the WGA requirement in XP to get IE 7 a day or 2 ago.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.