TechSpot

Microsoft's Zune HD is officially dead, yet again

By Shawn Knight
Oct 11, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. It seems that Microsoft has finally decided to kill off the Zune HD once and for all. The announcement was made official during the Windows Phone Radio podcast and theā€¦

Read the whole story

2. Where's ZuneMan when you need him?

3. Lurker101

Lurker101 TS Evangelist Posts: 738   +247

Give it a week before you declare it definitely dead. They might resurrect it again/

4. katoDRAGON

katoDRAGON TS Rookie

here: http://www.zune.net

5. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,270   +91

They were just testing. While Zune was a great player, it certainly had a hard time selling. All Microsoft did was to get some publicity out of it: I think this was all a test for them to see if killing off the Zune would have had an impact on consumers. Apparently it didn't, and there you have it, it's gone for good.

6. incompetence.

7. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,750   +1,105

Didn't we have an article about the iPod being discontinued too? There just doesn't seem to be a need for these players now that their functions are built into our smart phones. Hopefully the remaining stock will be really cheap!

8. LMAO....!!! Give it up flip - flop M$oft.... I wonder which of your product is next?

9. it was DOA anyways. What took them so long to realize that? Greed!!

10. kissx

kissx TS Enthusiast Posts: 55

I still have my second gen.zune and stiil love it.Hope it will still work for years to come because i am not sure about getting a windows 7 phone,

11. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,698   +1,884

I hope they don't kill it entirely, at least not until they release the, "Samuel Clemons Signature Model".......:rolleyes: