Microstutter + stutter problem with multiplayer games only

justinone

Been having this problem for quite sometime now, and it all started randomly. I'm thinking my internet connection is the culprit. happends on single card also.

yesterday I thought I would go onto crysis 2 multiplayer just to check if it was still occouring. I went
into a game with the lowest ping I could find. The game loads and I start playing..no microstutter. I finish playing the round and the next map loads. I spawn and the microstutter appears again.

this is the wierd thing

I usualy play single player (which runs fine btw) with an xbox controller. I thought I'd try it on multiplayer. looking around and moving - No Microstutter? then I switch to mouse and I get it back. on the 360 controler is has no microstutter?

I had this same problem with battlefield 3 until I created a config file using these which fixed the problem, but I still get random cpu spikes. (maybe internet related)

RenderDevice.TripleBufferingEnable 0
RenderDevice.ForceRenderAheadLimit 1
GameTime.MaxVariableFps 59.95

when I say microstutter I mean this, but at a much more noticable level.

It happends in many FPS games however not in CS:GO
does not happen in RTS games.

I have ran line tests which give me 0% packet loss and 1 - 2ms jitter.

I have tried almost every possible solution.
Updating drivers
Turning ht off
testing on stocks speeds
clean boot of windows
many more.

Thanks.

I bet it has something to do with a sound driver try updating all your drivers on your system with fresh installs and see if it helps. also do a fresh install of your amd drivers use driver sweeper and wipe them all out and then reinstall see if it helps.

I am running -

6950x2
i7 950 @4.0ghz
6 Gig ram
Windows 7 64
1000w Novatech black edition PSU

CPU usage on average around 60% when gaming.

The only sound driver I use is the AMD HDMI Driver that comes in the driver package.

Use driver sweeper everytime. have updated as much as possible, updated bios ect.

Sound driver to me seems to be the culprit are you outputting sound thru the hdmi cable to a tv?

Im using a hdmi cable to my acer GD245HQ with my speakers plugged into the monitor.

Never had a problem with this setup before.

Forgot to mention I have another pc which is also used to test out on and it seems to be doing the same thing on that also. it can only be internet related surely.?

Back