Mid-range PC?

hanakeymi

im currently building a new pc. is this too much ?

Mobo : ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX
CPU : Phenom II X6 1100T
GFX card : Sapphire HD 7770 1GB
RAM : Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600
HDD : SEAGATE SATA 3 7200rpm
P.S.U : 600W

what brand/model PSU? I would advise against the Seagate and either go with a 90-120G SSD or if you want to stick to mechanical as your boot drive i'd recommend a Western Digital Caviar Black or Blue.

How much RAM are you using, and what is the power supply?

A 600w unit is overkill for your intended system, but I would be more concerned if it was a budget model as they should be avoided.

How much RAM are you using, and what is the power supply?

A 600w unit is overkill for your intended system, but I would be more concerned if it was a budget model as they should be avoided.

RAM : CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9R

So u mean i could have a lower psu i.e 500W~ ?

A good quality 500-550w power supply would be fine. There is nothing wrong with using a 600w model though, and it would make sense if you will consider overclocking in future.

What make and model is your current chosen PSU?

considering the fact that i MIGHT be OCing or maybe not. im currently picking CoolerMaster GX-650W OR Coolermaster GX-550W . by choosing gtx 560, wouldn't it be incompatible to some feature on amd motherboard ? some say its better to use radeon on amd motherboard than using gtx card.

by choosing gtx 560, wouldn't it be incompatible to some feature on AMD motherboard ?
You shouldn't run into any compatibility problems. from what I know.. Some AMD boards do not support SLI set ups. But I believe yours support SLI and CFX.. So you shouldn't have any problems running a GTX560 because your only running a single card anyway.

Maybe the ATI cards play well with the rest of your setup because its AMD.. but even then I think that's all it will give you over a GTX card. You will still get the same performance.

"AMD GPUs work better with AMD CPUs" has pretty much been proved a myth. Any combination of AMD/Intel/Nvidia will work just fine.

Heres my pc spec. ( after a shorted budget ) pls comment if anything is unsual or incompatible.

AMD Phenom X6 1075T
Asus M5A99X EVO
Asus HD 6850 1G D5
CORSAIR Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3 C9 (RED)
Cooler Master GX 550W
WD Caviar Blue 500GB

Can I overclock with this power supply ? or do i need a higher psu?
Im planning for a crossfire in the future. is it okay or i need to change the GPU (perhaps GTX 560). IS 1000W PSU is enough for crossfire ?

Yes, you can overclock with the 550W power supply you have chosen. But if you want to add another GPU in CF you will need about an 800W PSU. 1000W is maybe a bit of overkill.

Back