Minecraft officially launching on 11/11/11

By Emil
Apr 8, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. The immensely popular PC sandbox game Minecraft will finally leave beta status on November 11, 2011. The release date for the full version coincides with several other games and movies, so Minecraft's creator Markus Persson has decided to give it the unofficial tagline "us too." When it finally ships, it will be available for €20.00 ($28.87); right now it's still in beta and goes for €14.95 ($21.58).

Read the whole story
  2. beast1944

beast1944 Newcomer, in training

Don't think it will be worth the price, considering that you can get a real game for that price, plus what happens to all the people who payed for the Beta ???
  3. People who payed for the beta get the full game.
  4. magaman598

magaman598 TechSpot Booster Posts: 275

Mmmhm, I've purchase the Beta and a Beta key for a friend and we love the game, and beast, I don't know if you've tried it or not, but I think everyone should atleast once. =P
  5. lipe123

lipe123 TechSpot Guru Posts: 393   +63

Whats the point of saying its going to launch in November, thats still a lifetime away.
  6. Xclusiveitalian

Xclusiveitalian TechSpot Booster Posts: 655   +34

I really hope it comes out on Steam, that way I can link it through my account, and update it through steam. The only reason being I feel like having it linked to my account I won't lose it one day.
  7. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,443   +268

Emil didn't mention what in my opinion is what makes this milestone announcement interesting: Minecraft has sold more than 1.8 million copies, netting the indie developer over $33 million.
  8. Cota

Cota TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 521   +8

lawl, same day has Skyrim.

Had been playing this one for about 2 weeks and its awesome. The gameplay by itself is very very original despite of the simple textures its a 9/10 game
  9. TrekExpert

TrekExpert TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 104

What do you mean a real game? Last time I checked mine craft was a real game.
  10. BrianUMR

BrianUMR Newcomer, in training Posts: 44

Pretty sure it was said if you bought the alpha you can the full game. However that part was removed from the agreement when the beta came out. I don't think it is clear cut whether or not you get the full game with the beta.

Also why isn't it a full game. It looks like way more of a full game than most games today. Just becuase it doesn't have modern graphics doesn't mean it is a full game.
  11. if you bought it during alpha you get the full game + all DLC
    If you bought during beta you get only the full game

Both got a discounted price for early purchase.
  12. stylestrauss

stylestrauss Newcomer, in training

Selling over a million copies before official release- that is testimony enough to the fact that the game is worth every cent.

Been playing it for a while now. Its helplessly addictive and the gameplay is very innovative. Definitely worth a try, if you haven't already.
  13. s3thar

s3thar Newcomer, in training

Glad to hear a release date. For what it is, and it's success through alpha/beta, Notch has done a marvelous job on Minecraft!!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.