TechSpot

Minecraft tops Modern Warfare 3, becomes most played game on 360

By Shawn Knight
Oct 29, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. For as long as Xbox Live activity has been divulged by Microsoft's Major Nelson, a first-person shooter has been the most popular title based on the number of unique people playing a game while logged in with the service. Titles...

Read more

2. Lionvibez

Lionvibez TS Enthusiast Posts: 614   +96

Haha the 12 year olds have better taste in games than the 13-28 year old frat boy drunks that line up to buy COD which is a garbage game.

There is hope for this world after all.

danhodge likes this.
  3. Gareis

Gareis TS Member Posts: 73   +14

Minecraft is epic.

4. ReederOnTheRun

ReederOnTheRun TS Booster Posts: 310   +62

I still have not played Minecraft. To be honest, I'm afraid it will consume my life. CoD is no threat though, its entertaining for about 10 minutes.

5. Porters

Porters TS Member

As a 13-28 year old, although admittedly not fat, but often drunk, I am offended :p I do not know what kind of creature plays that game though...

psycros likes this.
  6. seefizzle

seefizzle TS Enthusiast Posts: 136   +31

My 4 year old son plays Minecraft all the time. He likes it better on PC.

7. Lionvibez

Lionvibez TS Enthusiast Posts: 614   +96

lol frat as in fraternity so college students.

Gareis likes this.
  8. Gareis

Gareis TS Member Posts: 73   +14

Bahahaha, this made me laugh!

Lionvibez likes this.
  9. Oh my my....! This is soooo sad for the 360 gamers. M$oft abandon the console and it,s core gamers favoring Kinect. The gamers are starved for games M$oft!!! Take a page out of Sony's book and concentrate on games and not gimmicks, like kinect.

10. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 1,964   +389

kinect isnt a requirement for Minecraft on xbox, what are you talking about? do your research before you make *****ic assumptions.

11. danhodge

danhodge TS Rookie Posts: 80   +13

I don't like the idea of Minecraft on console - I enjoy it on PC, but going away from the PC gets rid of the casual feel to it.
    Although I'm happy they are taking money away from the big publishers... :')

12. ramonsterns

ramonsterns TS Enthusiast Posts: 752   +12

Hardly taking money away from publishers if they're paying Microsoft to have it on the 360.

13. ikesmasher

I believe he was referring more to activision, EA, ubisoft, etc.

danhodge likes this.
  14. veLa

veLa TS Booster Posts: 529   +88

What a terrible game.

15. spydercanopus

spydercanopus TS Guru Posts: 802   +87

If only they could join PC players... There is no comparison to minecraft for PC vs Xbox. It'd be like comparing Xbox Minecraft to iOS Minecraft.

16. killeriii

killeriii TS Enthusiast Posts: 213   +14

Go punch a tree!

17. NTAPRO

NTAPRO TS Enthusiast Posts: 811   +91

All the horrible games are popular :p

18. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 3,475   +624

I would hate to play MC with a controller ...

19. ikesmasher

I can say that it is significantly slower in the creation/deletion progress...and the map is limited...but they couldnta done a much better job.

20. danhodge

Sorry, I worded that badly - as the other guy said, I was referring to the fact that people make the choice of an indie game over a AAA game.

21. dawei1993

dawei1993 TS Rookie Posts: 37

LOL this is just sad.

22. ghasmanjr

ghasmanjr TS Booster Posts: 363   +86

Microsoft isn't EA. It doesn't product run of the mill games every year so I highly doubt money is being taken away from Microsoft over Minecraft. Microsoft Gaming Studios has been pretty quiet as of recent because they are preparing Halo 4.

23. NTAPRO

NTAPRO TS Enthusiast Posts: 811   +91

:eek: You don't play the story modes?

24. danhodge

Read that again - I was quoting someone else's response to me. I was referring to publishers like Activison (since we are on the topic of COD), as people may have chosen to buy Minecraft instead of MW3. I know I have to make choices like that every year.

25. ghasmanjr

ghasmanjr TS Booster Posts: 363   +86

I swear I clicked reply on his post and not yours. I blame my crappy phone. My bad

danhodge likes this.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.