Mini dump files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yggdrassil

I've been trying to figure out what has been causeing my computer to freeze up lately. I've been getting what I believe is a BSOD but its literally a Blue screen with no words on it.

I know its not over heating cause I never really use any thing on the comp besides for school work. I've uploaded two files last recorded when it went to the blue screen on me to see if anyone could point me in the direction of the problem.

Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• Mini051908-01.dmp
    92 KB · Views: 7
  • Mini052008-01.dmp
    92 KB · Views: 5
The first one points to your Intel network driver the second one isn't very specific and from what I can see no obvious cause other than perhaps spyware or virus. The second one is a windows process file that is giving the BSOD error where as the first one was specific to your Intel network card. I would update your network drivers through Intel's website or through windows update. Also run any anti-virus or spyware program you have available and post back results.

I've run both McFee and AVG and neither one has detected any viruses or spyware. I just reformatted my computer a few nights ago and wiped everything clean so i'm guessing it would have something to do with my network driver?

I can find the updates at intel's site and see if that works and i'll post an update to see if that helped any.

One last thing is i've heard that it could possiably be faulty RAM?

It could possibly be faulty ram but by the two mini dumps your provided I didn't see anything significant that would lead me to believe thats what it is in the particular case. If you have more and more BSOD's please post the minidumps and I might be able to find something to help support that claim going off two dumps that are completely unrelated makes it hard to draw much of a conclusion except on the one that points to a specific driver in the case of the network card.

Your first minidump cites memory corruption. Run Memtest on your RAM for a minimum of 7 passes.

The second minidump cites dxg.sys is a Windows Direct X Graphics Driver.

Corrupted memory will cause all kinds of issues and error messages. If you have any errors run it again on each individual stick. Replace your bad RAM.

Yeah my bad I didn't have my symbols installed yet on my debugger so I couldn't see all the information I guess I dropped the ball on that one. I agree now with the second one and it having to do with direct x. I still think even though the error was IRQ_Not_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL which is usually ram related the driver still points to the intel network device. Remember that error is not always ram related and can be thrown on a driver error or problem and not just ram.

I agree with route though run the memtest to verify that it either is or is not the ram that way you can go forward with the troubleshooting. Seems like 80% of BSOD's are caused by ram these days doesnt it. To me I think the memory makers need to slow down and do a better job making a product that wont fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back