Mini PC market heats up with the launch of BeagleBone Black

By Shawn Knight
Apr 23, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. We’ve seen no shortage of low-powered, low-cost mini PCs hit the market since Raspberry Pi made waves a year ago. The latest entrant is the new BeagleBone Black, a single board computer that packs even more processing power than the...

Read more
  2. VitalyT

VitalyT TechSpot Guru Posts: 1,228   +329

Texas Instruments has been playing the catch up game with Raspberry Pi ever since the latter came to the market, and this is the first attempt by TI in taking a real stab at it.

But let's face it, for the same extra money you could get the same extra performance and extensions from Raspberry Pi. A good question - do you really need them?

Look at the market where Raspberry Pi made killing - a good list of non-profit organizations, and that's after all the commercial applications. Do you really think that non-commercial organizations care more for a faster CPU so they can educate one kid with it instead of two as with Raspberry Pi? I don't think so.

Price in this segment is everything. It is nice seeing the competition in this segment though!
  3. Fbarnett

Fbarnett TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 160   +22

It has a controller but no connector for hdmi? How is this useful
  4. Fbarnett

Fbarnett TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 160   +22

Never mind I see it on there my mistake

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.