Minidump analysis please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I've got an old Dell precision 650 upgraded to vista 32 bit a little while back and as of yesterday it has started BSOD on me. I've tested the memory along with system via bootable diagnostic disc with no errors.
I've attached the minidump for analysis.
Many Thanks in advance!!

Your error is 0x0000007E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

A system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch. There are numerous individual causes for this problem, including hardware incompatibility, a faulty device driver or system service, or some software issues.

As you can tell there are many causes for this error and unfortunantly it only cited a Windows OS driver which is too general to be of much help

Check Event Viewer in your Run box (EventVwr.msc) for additional information; are there any Red Xs and what to they cite?

onzfeat, in the future please start your own thread. This one belongs to Footers and he is still in the process of diagnosing his problems.

Your problem is memory corruption (bad RAM). Please do the following:

1. Go to www.memtest.org and download the latest ISO version. It is free and perfectly safe.

2. Burn to a CD.

3. Place CD in your drive and reboot with CD in drive. (You might have to place your drive as first bootable in your BIOS) The test will take over.

4. Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes. There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

5. If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

6. Also, with errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

* When your are finished running the test please start your own thread with the results and we'll take a look. by the way, your English is fine. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back