Minidump Errors (Event 1003, Category 102)

Status
Not open for further replies.

saiyuu182

Already tried updating all the drivers I could think of (Network, Video, Sound), ran PcPitstop's tests and it told me everything was updated, but I keep getting this error, although less frequently than before (probably once a day).

I haven't played anything in this computer for months, SP3 and latest nVidia updates are all working fine, I am at a loss as what could be wrong here. I hope someone can help me by analyzing the minidumps files?

I've included two files from the time that the crashes were more frequent to the latest two.

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    70.7 KB · Views: 10
Memory corruption. Go to www.memtest.org and burn to a CD, run for a minimum of 7 passes. Any errors and run it per stick ; replace any stick that has errors.

I already ran Memtest, for about 10 hours, and no errors were found. I only enabled the test and let it run without any interruptions, though.

How can I run the test on the other stick, since it probably is the faulty one?

EDIT: When I try to run Memory Sizing and then BIOS - All, 1779 errors are found, and Memtest then seems to freeze. I'll try using Probe, as I've read that is a similar option, but could that be the cause of my problem? How can I save an error summary to the computer from Memtest for analysis?

It would be good if you could give us your system specs along with make and model of your motherboard and the RAM you have installed. For clarification, are you now saying memtest does show errors? Have you tweaked the BIOS settings at all?

I'm attaching an Everest Report on the Motherboard, as the information you need is probably within it? If it isn't, please give me instructions as to how to obtain the data that you need.

Also, I've disabled automatic restart (since I couldn't save the errors that have appeared on Memtest when I ran it changing the Memory Sizing option to "BIOS - All"), and this error is on the BSOD:

STOP: 0x000000BE (0xE4E56DCC, 0x5A308962, 0xB5DFB9F4, 0x0000000E)

EDIT: And I haven't touched my BIOS settings, I chose that option, BIOS - All, in the "Memory Sizing" menu when I tried running Memtest again today, I'll be running a regular test tonight when I go sleep.

0x000000BE: ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY

A driver attempted to write to read-only memory. Commonly occurs after installing a faulty device driver, system service, or firmware. If a driver file is named in the error message, try to correct the problem by disabling, removing, or rolling back the driver.

Attach your latest minidumps. Also, look forward to what your latest memtest results are. Good idea running it while you sleep.

Here's the latest minidumps as you've asked.

Will running Memtest for that long be able to test both memory sticks? It's still not clear to me if I have to manually set the program to run on each stick, sorry.

If more time is needed or if I need to enable the full battery of tests before letting it run throughout the night, please let me know.

First, Memtest will scan all of your memory. Just start it and it will do the rest. If you get errors then run it on one stick at a time. To do this remove RAM until only one stick is left and run the test again. Do for each stick.

Minidump reads:

0x1A: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
This memory management error is usually hardware related.
If this occurs while installing Windows, also check the Windows system requirements including the amount of RAM and disk space required to load the operating system

* Once again memory corruption was cited.

Second dump error is 0xBE: ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY
A driver attempted to write to read-only memory. Commonly occurs after installing a faulty device driver, system service, or firmware. If a driver file is named in the error message, try to correct the problem by disabling, removing, or rolling back the driver.

* The cause cited was a core Windows driver which is too general to help.

*** Corrupted memory can cause all kinds of issues.

Damn. Since you mentioned a core Windows driver having problems, would reinstalling Windows fix part of the problem?

If the problem really resides in memory, I'll bring in to tech support, since the computer is still on warranty and I don't want it to go to waste. But, for now, I can't open the computer and check each stick separately.

I'll have results in the morning, I'll be starting my Memtest now. Thank you, Route44.

Let me clarify. When I say core Windows driver what I am getting at is that it was too general to help us zero in on the problem. So don't worry at this point having to reinstall/reformat. Good luck.

Also, since this is still under warrenty, before going to Tech Support let us know your Memtest results because that will help you make your case for new memory without having to spend $.

Well, the full battery of tests ran for about three times and there no errors found. I tried using Probe on the "Memory Sizing" option before I let it run, since I read that it was a similar option to "BIOS - All" and nothing was found.

When I choose that option, though, "BIOS - All", a lot of errors appear on the first seconds of the scan, so I'm really lost here.

I'll be attaching the newest Minidump and in a couple of minutes, I'll put up a picture of the errors. It's a cellphone picture, though, so don't expect too much of it.

EDIT: Here's the picture.

Once again error 0x000000BE: ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY

* No driver was mentioned just corrupted memory.

* One thing I should tell you is that as good as memtest is, bad memory has been known to pass it. With the rrors on your screen I would say either your memory needs to be replaced or the timings set in the BIOS could be wrong.

* Did you check to see if your memory is seated properly?

My suggestion is that since this system is still under warrenty that you take it back and tell them that your minidumps were read. Give them the errot codes and tell them how memory corruption continuely is cited as the issue. Show them the screen you took with your camera.

One other thing, don't be suprised if it is a totally different problem because computers can be schizophrenic. Lastly, please get back to us if the issue(s) has or has not been resolved.

Excellent advice from CCT. It could very well be that your BE errors are caused by this driver. Many people have had issues with it. Follow his directions and continue to utilize your warrenty. A multiple approach to PC issues is often the best way to go.

Well, I can't check if the memories are seated properly because I'd break my warranty if I were to open the case and check. However, I took notes of the error codes that you've answered, Route44, and I shall bring it to the tech support when I take it there, along with the Memtest picture. It'll take a couple of weeks for that, though, so I don't know if this thread will still be here in that time for a needed update of the situation.

I just hope that they're able to fix the problem without formatting my Windows, since tech support tends to think everything can be fixed with that around here.

In any case, I've also deleted everything related to the nVidia video card, tried to run Driver Cleaner Pro, but no traces of the nVidia drivers were found by it. Then, I rebooted in safe mode and reinstalled the latest drivers (178.24).

My only wish is that the errors could mention a specific driver when they mention a driver-related issue like in most of the other minidump threads here, so it'd be as easily fixed as it is in those threads.

I appreciate all the help that you two have provided, Route44 and CCT. I'm only a newcomer to TechSpot but I'm thankful for the quick advice that I got here and the follow-up provided.

Your welcome. :) And here is the thing about Driver Cleaner Pro. If you uninstall a video card's drivers and then run DCPro and nothing is found that is quite okay.

I hope all goes well for you. I'd like to suggest to you that in the future when you need another rig to research and build it yourself or find a friend who can. That way you can access it any time you'd like and you can build it so you can upgrade if necessary.

Oh God, now I had two minidumps in less than 1 hour. Between them, though, I installed SpeedFan to check the temperature inside the case.

If anyone can tell me what these last two errors are, I'd really appreciate it. I'm also including the SpeedFan findings on temperature and HD analysis, although probably the first one will be of any help...

70 degrees Celcius = 159 degrees Farenheit and that is your GPU (video card)

Your core is 69 degrees Celcius = 156.2 degrees Farenheit.

* Are these temperatures under a load? Or are these temperatures when the PC is idle or not engaged in demanding spplications?

If the latter there is a real problem here and if the former find out A.S.A.P. what the safe heat range is for these items under a load.

Well, not much of this computer is required, since I've never played games on it before (I bought it in August, and have been stuck with papers ever since).

This reading was after being on for about 2 days, since it was the day I ran the Memtest tests through the night. Today, after it rested for the night, the readings are similar.

I guess a trip to tech support is my only way to fix this?

I would say then that something is wrong either with your air flow and/or fans. Gaming will crank up the heat because of loads, but you aren't gaming. Doing simple papers won't cause the temperatures that you report. Therefore, get it to tech support since it is still under warrenty.

Heat is a big enemy of PCs and a system will shut down to protect itself. Tell them of your tempertaure reads and how you don't game or really do anything intensive.

Keep us informed and in the future if you eventually decide you want to research and build let us know. There are some very, very knowlegeable people here that will give you great advice. Tell us your budget and we'll take it from there. Also, you'll be able to access your own PC withpout having to worry about a warrenty.

Well, I'll be taking my PC to tech support next week, when I'm off my paper load. Seeing if the problem is heat or a malfunction of the hardware will tell me what to do. I'll also bring in the results and advices given.

Since I can't afford to build me a new one from scratch, I'll have to deal with this and its pesky warranty. But, even though I'm being repetitive, I thank you very much for all the help, once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back