Minidumps/system error

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi, i've been getting this error for quite a while now. . . everytime i watch some videos online or play some games, my computer reboots after a few mins or so.
Then i get this type of error in the event log
Source:System Error
Ctegory: 102
Event ID: 1003
Description: Error code 0000007f, parameter1 0000000d, parameter2 00000000, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 00000000.

and i also get these minidumps which is all the same i think. . . can someone please help me? i've tried reformatting my computer, doesnt help. . .

BugCheck 7F, {d, 0, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : P17.sys
soundblaster live card drivers require updating
Actually confirm all drivers are up to date
What computer make\model and OS is this?

Actually please put your System Specs information in your Profile

If you have a brand name computer (like Dell; HP; or other) please place the Computer name & Model number in your Mobo field of your Profile

ok done posting comp sepcs, im not sure about some of the other things so i just left it blank. . . but the important ones i think i got it. . . i go thte latest update for my vid card from the ati website so i dont think it would be that. . . as for my sound card. . i install it from the disk that i got when i first bought this computer. . .so mayb i do need to get the latest drive. . if u think that might be the cause of the problem i'll update it right away

Forgot to mention that also when i update the system to sp2. . . the rebooting happens more frequently. . . like within 5 min after the computer starts. . . so im not sure if the problem is only about the sound drive. . . i was thinking that mayb it would be a ram issue also? but i dont know

Sorry, SP1 is the actual issue only
Remove any live protecting software, Antivirus\Firewall\Spyware Protection
Run a full scan with Kaspersky live Antivirus (if it works on SP1)

Then update to SP2
Then update to SP3

Then install Avira Antivirus

ok, still getting reboots when i watch videos >.>
i got a debugger and here are some of the other reasons that are probably causing the reboots i8042prt.sys and portcls.sys. I know the portcls.sys might be caused by the sound drive too, but i've uninstalled my sound drive and tried to watch some vids and still got that error. . . weird >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back