MinMX 7.0 and Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I used to be able to use MinMX on my PC until recently it crashed and I had to reload the original operating system and software I reloaded WinMX and asked it to run but nothing happened I'v tried all the usual stuff firewall soyware etc and nothing works has anyone else encountered this problem and how did they overcome it?

Trying to troubleshoot an error without any information is not easy! Your comment "but nothing happened" doesn't give us much to work with. "Something" happened, you just have to find out what! Using the Event Viewer to find an Error that corresponds with "but nothing happened" is a start:

Follow this path:
Control Panel> Administrative Tools> Event Viewer> Click on System & Apps, one at a time on the left> look for Errors on the right> right click error> Properties> note description of error, Event# and Source.

There is a "copy" button below the up/down arrows. Click that, then go to any place that allows you to type (ie. notepad, wordpad, this board) and you can paste (use CTRL-V) the entire event details there. It makes for easy reporting of the event.

If you want to paste the Event here, you do not need to include the lines of code that follow the Description- but paste all else. You will be looking for Error that occurs at the time of the problem. Please ignore Warnings.

It would also be helpful to know your status on the latest Windows XP updates. Did you get SP3? That has been causing multiple problems.

I found this one source for the problem, but don't know if it's applicable to you:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324412

Please note that it "does" show an error message.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back