MIRC Help....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiCubs05

i CANNOT get this program to connect...i have ports 6667 and 1080 forwarded TCP and UDP through windows firewall. i cant get through on my network everywhere adapter because i cant find hte password for it, defaults wont work.

all i get is "unable to connect to server" software caused connection abort errors....

can somebody pleeasseee help me out here?

First, you do not need to forward any ports. IRC clients connect only outbound unless you are going to do DCC.

Have you tried connecting to several servers? Could it be that your network (router?) is blocking outbound connections?

well whats weird is a computer connected through the same router...mirc works perfectly. so i dont think its anything router specific

Also - McAfee prohibits outbound traffic on 6667 by default. I'm sure there are other applications out there that do the same sort of thing.

i have mcafee enterprise on my computer...what port do you reccomend using and how should i forward it...im not using any other virus programs aside form that one and no firewall programs

Open up the McAfee Viruscan Enterprise Console > Open Access Protection > Port Blocking tab > Uncheck "Prevent IRC communication 6666-6669 outbound

That should allow you to connect to IRC using the default ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back