Missing Add/Remove programs

Status
Not open for further replies.

soulja234

I have the same problem and only 3 programs show up on the uninstaller (and this happend with all of the uninstall programs ive downloaded) and those 3 are recently downloaded programs. Revo Uninstaller shows 30 programs but there are many more missing. Whats going on?

Hi soulja234

Copy and paste all inside the Box below directly to an open Command prompt!

Code:
@echo off
sc stop TDSSserv.sys
sc delete TDSSserv.sys
exit
exit

Then

Do the TechSpot 8 steps: https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/

Skip no steps (do not install another virus scanner as you already have one).

Most importantly update MalwareBytes and SuperAntiSptware!

Before you scan with SuperAntiSpyWare do the below:

SuperAntispyware extra config

After installed double-click the icon on your desktop to run it.

Update the program definitions.

Click the Preferences button.

Then Scanning Control.

In Scanner Options make sure all boxes are checked except #3 Ignore System Restore.. are checked:

MalwareBytes extra config

After update but before running
Click settings and confirm all are Checked.

I repeat Update these 2 programs.

Run them and attach their logs.

Do this correctly and we will make a short job of this!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Special case where after installing MBAM and SAS they will not update or run.
https://www.techspot.com/vb/post684649-3.html

Or you may do it anyway as it does much more than the intended Special case situation.

Mike

Hi soulja234

We need a MOD to move you to your on post as right now you are a Thread hijacker!

Run HJT Select and remove the below.
O23 - Service: root - Unknown owner - (no file)

UPDATE even again and Re Run both MBAM and SAS to assure their logs come up clean. There could be more.

Attach the logs and a new HJT log also!

Mike

Whats a Thread hijacker?!
and when ever I try to run Mwbam it tries to install something called hpSdpAppCoreApp but it tells me that the feature im trying to use is on a network recourse that is unavailable. use source C:\hp\tmp\src. When I hit ok it says the path cannot be found. It keeps trying to install, i hit cancle a few times then Mwbam pops up.

Well anyway here are the new logs:

Sorry soulja234

Having the Post moved to your own thread I missed it somehow.

A thread Hijacker=someone who posts their own problem in someone else's thread instead of creating their own.

Run HJT Scan only select and remove the below
O23 - Service: Windows Live Setup Service (WLSetupSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Windows Live\installer\WLSetupSvc.exe (file missing)

The below 2 procedures are to fix your Add/Remove issue.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Run SAS click Preferences-Repairs Run all except Reset Clock. After this reset your home page and screen saver.

Download Dial-A-Fix (DAF)
http://wiki.djlizard.net/Dial-a-fix#...C_and_articles
http://djlizard.net.nyud.net:8080/software/Dial-a-fix-v0.60.0.24.zip

Have XP CD available in case DAF needs a file.

Check all boxes on the screen (clear any restrictions if it shows any)
Then click GO!

When the entire page is finished click the HammerHead at bottom to go to the second DAF page.

Here 1 at a time do the below

Repair Permissions
Reset WMI/WBEM (not reinstall)
Watch for any File not found or other errors and make note as this may lead to the fix!

Reboot retest!

Get back to us.

Mike

When I run Dial a fix hpSdpAppCoreApp starts to install but it tells me that the feature im trying to use is on a network recourse that is unavailable. use source C:\hp\tmp\src. When I hit ok it says the path cannot be found. and i cant get past this. i deleted the reg files a guide told me to do but its still comming up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back