Missing drivers for video controller (VGA compatible)

daydayday

Hello,
My desktop computer is missing drivers for a Video Controller (VGA Compatable). I believe it is built-in the motherboard since there are no video cards plugged into it. I also don't have the Driver disks, nor do I know what parts they are specifically because I think it is custom built and I didn't build it, I also don't know who built it, I just got it.

I've searched quite a bit, and I can't find the right driver. I tried Drivermax, a program I've trusted for some time for driver backup and restore, and helped me get drivers for when I forget to backup before I format, but I don't think it detects any driver for the Video Controller.

I used the following as well, but I can't seem to find the driver:
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_29A2&SUBSYS_823B1043&REV_02\3&11583659&0&10

I also used PCIDatabase, a website that also helped me find a few required drivers before, but it seems that, 8086, the vendor (Intel) doesn't have a device with 29A2 as the Device ID.

I'm out of ideas, if anyone have the same Video Controller, I'd really appreciate some directions as to finding the right drivers for my Video Controller, as I cannot really do much on the Desktop Computer, gaming-wise, not even flash games. I could stream videos but I got no sound either. Hahaha.

Thank you in advance,
Day

you need the full name and model of your motherboard, and then all you need to do is go search it in google and go to the manufacture's website and download all the drivers you need from it, remember to choose the right OS as well

you need the full name and model of your motherboard, and then all you need to do is go search it in google and go to the manufacture's website and download all the drivers you need from it, remember to choose the right OS as well

What should I do if I don't have the name or model of it? Is it usually written on the motherboard itself? If so, usually on which part of it?

Thanks for your reply DKRON,
Day

EDIT: I opened it up, and I think I found it, it's ASUS and it was nice enough to say the model, it's P5B SE. I thought it was PS8 at start, haha, found a completely wrong product, haha. Downloading the drivers right now, I'll test them and I'll be back.

Thanks DKRON

Thank you very much DKRON,
Though short, your answer slapped me out of my misery and laziness and got me getting into my computer to check the model name.

Everything seems good so far, I can run one of my games, probably the only one I'll be running on this computer at the moment, so all's fine. Also the Video Controller isn't a problem in the Device Manager anymore.

Thank you again DKRON,
Day

Glad to read you solved your problem. Here's another tip for the future when you see those PCI\VEN_8086 Hardware IDs for Intel motherboard chips that should also find the latest video driver for the intel chip

checkout the Intel Driver Update Utility

Back