Missing Hard Drive Space

Status
Not open for further replies.
im new here, and i didnt know where to turn to. or if anyone had the same problem but i will put it out there.

I have a Seagate 100 gig Hard Drive and i used Partition Magic 8 from DOS to partition the spaces. i dont know much of the program aside from knowing that all it can do is split spaces.

out of 100 gigs, i split one parition to 30 gigs
i left the rest about 70 gigs unallocated
i press apply totally forgot to turn the 70 gigs of unallocated space into its own partition.

now when i start windows..i can see my 30 gig space. but where did my 70 gigs go
i went back into Partition Magic 8 (Dos) and all i can see is 30 gigs, i can parition that. Did partition magic delete my 70 gigs?

how can i get my 70 gigs back?

please help me, i will be checking back every 10 minutes till this problem is solved

on My computer icon-right click it, choose Manage under Storage single click Disk Management now you can see the 70 gig unallocated...right click it and choose format(to proper the drive for using it..

right click the unallocated drive and choose format(to prepare the drive for using it)...pls. reply if it works

storage?

sorry i forgot to mention, im using Windows XP professional
and i right clicked on the drive and i dont see storage or manage

Update: now i see the manage option..i clicked on it and pressed Disk Management
i see my spare Drive...i only see the 30 gigs and no unallocated space..
is there another way?

somewhat yeah, i know it has a 100 gigs, cause it says on the drive
before i messed up i was able to partition 100 gigs of data but i screwed up 70 gigs of it and i want it back

Let's try it this way....

Start->Run, enter diskmgmt.msc

When Disk Management window opens click View->Bottom->Disk List. Is your disk listed? Look at Type, Capacity, Unallocated.

If not sure attach a screen snapshot. If you need re-size it ( i think is a 200mb limit for attachment) use this tool to resize easily

You will likely need to FDisk or do a full removal by inserting your Windows Disk, then removing the partition and formatting the unpartitioned space... in essence, starting over.
By having two partitions on that drive, you are losing space with the format of each.

im heading to work right now but when i return i will check that out and make some screens....
i really want the full size of my hard drive back :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back