Missing Kimsland and Hoping "All is Well"

B00kWyrm

Not asking for information... Only noticing a prolonged absence.
Sending good thoughts in that direction.

Knowing someone like kimsland (I don't really know him/her, but...), he would probably die if he was away from a computer for more than a week D:.
That does not bode well :/.

Kimsland has either been picked up on his way up the chain, or he is just tired... After all, he had
16,735 posts in 17 months, and his ideas were often very effective..

Thankyou for the thread

As you can see I still check posts here at TechSpot, although I am not actively replying to any (or anything else)

For my own reasons I felt it was best that I take a break from TechSpot (not tech support)
I am presently posting on Neowin forums in Windows support (mainly)

I would like to come back to TechSpot one day (if you will have me still). But I feel I need to stand back a bit (for a while) and try to learn to accept different points of view, even if I feel they are wrong. I believe TechSpot members are a community of different and highly knowledgeable minds, having varied needs. (both in Support and Op posts)

I just felt that by staying (presently) I was slowly but surely removing myself from this good community, through having a one sided point of view. Basically I wasn't happy

I'm presently letting it all out at Neowin. The community there is a bit like a chat room at times (which I hate :D) But the conversations have helped me understand how support members always have good intentions, and posts that may not seem relevant (or even correct) still have their place. I'm presently closing into 600 posts there. So I'm still alive :)

I'll take this opportunity to apologize to some support members regarding wasted debates on who's right. And to others that I may have caused their posts to be slightly altered (merging / moving etc) when this was not required.

A Moderator's position is to not change the direction of the thread in any way. It is there to remove spam, and to help the community continue to grow.

On a side note, I felt my support was helpful. And I hope that many members are better for it.
I'll be in touch, and continue to read posts here.

I for one am glad B00kWyrm started this thread. We were talking last night and I asked him if he knew where kimsland was because I hadn't seem him posting in awhile.

I miss your involvment because I think you are a valuable person to the TechSpot community. And in a very real sense TechSpot is like a family and like in all families there are differences of opinion. I highly respect your decision and I am sure that whatever you learn in your new experiences will be valuable.

Good luck in the future. :)

Everyone: Again, It was not my purpose to seek information or explanations,
Merely to acknowledge that a valued member of the community was missed,
and to send kind thoughts.

Kimsland: Glad you are still here _reading_ at least!
I, for one, hope you will become active again when you are ready.

Cat's Wisdom: Opinion on Opinions

Kimsland is concerned for no reason. He is not different from any of us. Moreover, his objectives are practically unattainable.

try to learn to accept different points of view
We never aceept different points of view. We only accept our points of view when expressed by different people.

even if I feel they are wrong
There are always two points of view: ours and the wrong one.

However, most of us are democratic enough to accept that the others are entitled to their stupid opinions, provided they keep them to themselves, which they rarely do, and that's when debates start.

And I am still to see a debate ending in agreement, except when people realize they didn't disagree in the first place. Otherwise, the most they can agree on is to continue disagreeing.

(bobcat)

P.S. Anybody disagreeing with my above statements, ipso facto agrees that people don't agree with other people's opinions, therefore he agrees with my statements. :)

kimsland, you have been a great help to me in learning here and I thank you for that. I think you have earned the rest and distance always helps us take a better look at ourselves and get some perspective.. I think you got a bit overzealous and were exceeding the responsibilities of a moderator in rushing to help. I am hoping you now have time to do what us other mortals do like eat and sleep and take break from the computer every now and them.

Back