Missing one MSE update?

circusboy01

My Belarc Advisor says I'm missing 1 Microsoft Security Upgrade.But when I go to check for Windows updates I get " Windows is up to date. There are no updates available for your computer.".
If there is a security upgrade that I need I want it. If there isn't one available. I want Belarc to stop showing that there is. What should I do?? Thanks CB

If you are using Windows 7/Vista go to Control Panel, System and Security, Under Windows Update open Check for Updates, and then Click on Restore Hidden Updates, it may show if there is any update which hasn't been installed on your system.

If you are using Windows 7/Vista go to Control Panel, System and Security, Under Windows Update open Check for Updates, and then Click on Restore Hidden Updates, it may show if there is any update which hasn't been installed on your system.

Thanks Arhean; Already did that. In fact I made a desktop icon for Windows updates.
Restore hidden updates showed nothing..That was a good suggestion though Thanks CB

You are welcome, but as it is, it didn't solved the issue. Well I'll dig some more and see if I can come up with something else.

You are welcome, but as it is, it didn't solved the issue. Well I'll dig some more and see if I can come up with something else.

Thanks very very much. I'm hoping that the windows updates are correct and the Belarc Advisor is wrong. But, if i am missing a security update. I sure want to find and fix it CB.

I have found that while Belarc is great, it is not perfect, especially when it comes to
MS Office updates - - it will declare a missing update, when if you look at the list of applicable systems or versions, it really doesn't apply.

Recommend you find the KBxxxx that is being reported,
use it to access the MS Site,
read fully the list of effected systems and version and if necessary,
download and install it manually

I have found that while Belarc is great, it is not perfect, especially when it comes to
MS Office updates - - it will declare a missing update, when if you look at the list of applicable systems or versions, it really doesn't apply.

Recommend you find the KBxxxx that is being reported,
use it to access the MS Site,
read fully the list of effected systems and version and if necessary,
download and install it manually

I think there probably is no missing critical update. But I'll try my best to follow your instructions Although I haven't a clue what or where KBxxxx is:eek: CB

What he meant was see which update is being reported by Belarc as missing i.e. KBxxxxxx (number which every update have) e.g. KB2310138 is for MS Security Essential update.

What he meant was see which update is being reported by Belarc as missing i.e. KBxxxxxx (number which every update have) e.g. KB2310138 is for MS Security Essential update.

OK. Says it's a Microsoft Security Update:KB2530548-critical
I clicked details and got MS11-050:Cumulative Security Update for IE Explorer: June 14, 2011.
Also got:
A link for home users,
A link for Skip the details: Download the Updates for your Home computer, or Laptop
from the Microsoft Up date WebSite now
And a link for It Professional.. I chose the Skip the details link. It took me to Windows Updates. If you remember in Post #3 I said I had already been there,and it said there were no updates available.
So I guess it's just a mistake on Belarc Advisors part. I think I'm going to uninstall and Re-install BA to see if the mistake goes away. CB
Uninstalled and Re-installed no change.

As things stand I will happily accept Jo's explanation and let things be. Beside, if you are not using IE you wouldn't need to worry anyway.

I have taken a quick look at my update history, and sure enough there are many office related updates, however, there is none with regard to IE around June 14 and 15.

I am using office 2010 x64 and IE9 x64 on windows 7 x64.

As things stand I will happily accept Jo's explanation and let things be. Beside, if you are not using IE you wouldn't need to worry anyway.

I have taken a quick look at my update history, and sure enough there are many office related updates, however, there is none with regard to IE.

I am using office 2010 x64 and IE9 x64 on windows 7 x64.

Archean
Not quite sure what you mean by " As things stand " Sounds like your not quits sure tf
the problems fixed.
I'm going to follow instructions on the other 2 links I mentioned in my last Post. Is there anything else, you think I might try?

Sorry I messed up in my last post by forgetting to add the dates :eek:

You can probably try to download it manually from here.

Sorry I messed up in my last post by forgetting to add the dates :eek:

You can probably try to download it manually from here.

OK. I've been to update History. Found that KB2530548 ( the one that Belarc says is missing ) installed successfully on 6 / 14 /. 2011. However it shows KB2533552 has been cancelled,and Windows IE9 for windows 7 for x64 based system ( there are no numbers with it ) failed 3 times. Under FAQ went to Trouble shoot problems with installing updates. Then ( L believe) I went to Security Updates and Tools Install failed updates. To Microsoft Download Center.So far I';ve been through 18 pages 20 per page hunting for KB2533552 still got lots of pages to go

You gave me the link to the one that Belarc says is missing. But, I found out it was already installed. Do you think you could send me a link to KB2533552 ( the one that was cancelled) So I wont have to continue going through Microsoft Download center a page at a time thinks CB

PS let me know if hunting for the link is as tedious, and time consuming as me going through the Microsoft download center page by page If it is I'll just continue to go through MDC. Not fair letting you do all the hard work CB.

KB2533552 is probably related to WGA (i.e. Windows Genuine Advantage), and according to MS it is needed for future upgrades of the OS. Anyway here is the link I hope that will be helpful for you.

KB2533552 is probably related to WGA (i.e. Windows Genuine Advantage), and according to MS it is needed for future upgrades of the OS. Anyway here is the link I hope that will be helpful for you.

Turns out KB2533552 update is not applicable to my computer.
The only thing that kind of concerns me now is Windows IE9, For Windows 7 For x64 based systems Failed 3 time ( according to download history) Not sure if 3 different things with the same name. ( like from a group) failed, or if one thing failed 3 times.
CB.

Most probably same update failed three times, anyway as I said if your windows update says nothing is outstanding and not worry about it. There can be several reasons for failure of an update, e.g. loss of connectivity, but as soon as you try to update next time the process is completed.

Most probably same update failed three times, anyway as I said if your windows update says nothing is outstanding and not worry about it. There can be several reasons for failure of an update, e.g. loss of connectivity, but as soon as you try to update next time the process is completed.

That's what I was hoping you'd say. Thanks CB

Back