Missing Taskbar and Reformat Crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i lost my taskbar. Weird thing is that i can still access everything through Task Manager. I ran "explorer.exe" through it and it reappeared. But after a few seconds it vanishes again, then reappears, then vanishes. Its a frustrating cycle. So since I dunno what to do, i thought of repairing the OS. So i restarted the system, plugged in the boot CD and followed the instructions. I only reached the part where it asked which partition to repair but then it crashes. So this time, I decide that im ok with reformatting the whole thing since i backed up all the important files already. So, i did the same thing but once i pressed ENTER to format, it crashes again.

Im really not sure what i need to do. i ran a scan on it and it found 2 viruses: a Backdoor.shark.bi (i think) and a Trojan. (i forgot the rest of the virus name). I think i got it from a bad exe download. (eep... i know its bad to download... sorry.)

help please? : )

Out of interest, when you're starting the reload are you running it from windows, or letting the CD boot with the system?

One option would be to use some third party software, such as an Ultimate Boot CD (www.ultimatebootcd.com/) to format the hdd, then attempt to reload windows.

While you're using the UBCD i'd give your HDD a test if you're having issues like this it'd be good to know whether or not you might have some faulty hardware. Hopefully it's just the viruses though.

well, it still crashes... im going out to get it checked by a technician tomorrow so i could get this over with once and for all. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back