Missing toolbar in Outlook 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptim

I'm having a problem with Microsoft Outlook 2000 "New Email Message", the toolbars have disappeared, I cant seem to get them back, I'm assuming that it is corrupt, after searching, I couldn't find a answer, but I did find a answer for "Outlook Express"

If this applies to Outlook 2000, can someone give me a hand in understanding this answer.

Toolbars disappear from Message Composition windows or the main OE window

This is caused by corruption in the registry keys for your Identity. You can create a new Identity and the Message Window toolbars should appear normally. You can then import your previous Identity's message store. You might also be able to repair the corrupt Identity by resetting the default toolbar values in the registry. First make a note of the Identity's GUID, the unique number given in the registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Identities (more info). (Strong hint: In Regedit, right-click on the GUID key and click Rename. Press Ctrl-C to copy the name to the clipboard, then press ESC. Do NOT rename the key!) Now click the right-click on the link below and select "Save Target as.." to download the file and save it to your Windows desktop.

http://www.insideoe.com/download/OEtoolbarfix.reg

click to view, or right-click| Save Target As to download

Open the saved file in Notepad and change the GUID in the second line to the GUID of your Identity. If you copied the name as suggested, simply highlight "GUID" and press Ctrl-V to paste. Save the file, then rename the file on the desktop to "OEtoolbarfix.reg". Double-click the *.reg file and answer yes to merge the data into the registry. Your Identity should now have the default toolbars in all Message Composition windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back