TechSpot

Mobile driver problem

By 9910047
Dec 9, 2003
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I recently bought myself a laptop. I have a Geforce 4 440 Go 64M graphics card from nvidia. When I go to the site of nvidia to download the newest drivers it says that the new one (version I think 50.xx ) does not support nvidia mobile Geforce 2 and 4.
    They say that I have to get my drivers from the brand of witch I bought my notebook. My notebook is a smartbook by the way.
    When I go to the driver page of my notebook it has the drivers but these are not uptodate. With this I mean that these drivers only support upto OpenGl 1.3.0 The problem is that for some games I need OpenGl 1.4
    My question is : Are there universal drivers I can use that are compatible with my videocard and that provide OpenGl 1.4 support or dod I have to wait until nvidia or smartbook post a new driver that supports my videocard?

If anyone knows a solution I would really appreciate it, because a this stage I´m not able to play some of the newest games that are developed.

Thx
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.