Mobile finally pays off for Facebook as it beats analysts' expectations

By Shawn Knight
Jul 25, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Facebook on Wednesday posted second quarter results that beat out Wall Street’s expectations on revenue and earnings per share. For the three month period, the social network reported adjusted earnings of $0.19 per share on revenue of $1.81 billion, an...

Read more
  2. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,212   +524

I suppose I'm not included in the 1.15 billion. I signed in today for the 2nd time this year. I mustn't overdo it.
  3. Sniped_Ash

Sniped_Ash Newcomer, in training Posts: 103   +29

The Facebook mobile app is a piece of crap that never stays up to date. It will notify me of stuff that was posted days ago even though I already logged in on my computer and saw it and more recent items won't even show up on the app.
  4. Duckula22

Duckula22 Newcomer, in training Posts: 55

Therefore ad blockers have got some catching up to do.
  5. Hope this drives the stock price above the $40 price which I paid for.
  6. Duckula22

Duckula22 Newcomer, in training Posts: 55

^ They waited way too long before doing their IPO, so long indeed that the frenzy about FB had fizzled prior to it, thus anybody who bought FB shares would rather seem a Johnny Come Lately, at least in my book they would. I guess they just didn't really want to have any "outsider" benefit from their success, they wanted it all just for them.
  7. RzmmDX

RzmmDX TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 154   +23

Man, I wish I had money to buy FB @ 22...

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.