Mobo not booting 1/3rd the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonylukac

I'm building a new computer with an ASUS P5KPL-CM motherboard with an Intel dual core processor E5200. It seems that the computer won't boot about 1/3 the time; no beep sound from the speaker and nothing on either the onboard display or displaying on the PCI express video card. The rest of the time the computer boots normally with no error messages. In checking the voltages with the supplied hardware monitor in the bios the 12V reading was 11.721V. I replaced the power supply and it is now 11.881V, yet the computer still won't boot 1/3 the time. Is the motherboard toast or do you have any suggestions?

UV bulb

I resolved my problem. I was using 2 ultraviolet tubes and inverter that were described on a micro center website to light up my case. The asus tech support team told me, among other things, to remove the motherboard from the case and run it outside the case in case there was emi interference from a fan or something. I merely turned off the uv tubes which have a voltage of 600v and evidently generate a lot of emi interference, and booting hasn't failed yet. I've tried it for 5 days, and it usually failed about twice a day. Thank you geniuses at asus! Now I can enjoy the Christmas present I bought myself with no bloatware, 4G of memory, a 1.5 terabyte Seagate disk drive, and an all in wonder hidef tv tuner. Try and buy that off the shelf for ~$600. I guess hell froze over when it was -31 the other day! All the parts were on sale, and warranted for 3-5 years!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back