Mobo not reporting errors with no RAM installed

I just put together an core i7 950 in a MSI X58M Motherboard i connected the psu and hd and dvd burner. i turn on and everything powers up except the monitor. While trouble shooting i found out that I wouldn't get any error codes via beeps. I've trying to figure out how to get the error codes up so i can try and fix whats goin on. any help would be appreciated!! thanks!

p.s im a noob and i apologize of this is an easy fix.

[EDIT] msi motherboard dont always beep. there errors are indicated by the led lights. all my lights are on indicating that the system is booting up. now my only problem is getting the display to work

What graphics card did you install? If it has an external PCI-E power connector, is it connected to the PSU? Is the 8 pin ATX 12V connected to the motherboard?

What power supply are you using?

i apologize for not posting this in the original thread. the graphics card is the GeForce gt 9500 ddr2 1gb i have 2 of them. the psu is the ultra brand at 750 watts.

no the card has a 3 pin white connector and a pin black connector. they are all to small for anything that the psu has. i spent some time looking to see if i was missing something but everything seems to be to big on psu.

it didnt come with any to hook up to the motherboard. When inserted into the pci-e slot the fans on the graphics card power on. so idk Maybe im missing connectors?

Besides the long 24 pin connector there is a 8 pin ATX 12V connector on the motherboard. It is located in the upper left corner approximately behind the PS/2 ports of the I/O panel. That supplies power to the CPU and if it isn't connected, the computer will not start.

nope!! i didnt have anything in that connector i tried it just now and all i got was a restart every 5 seconds and still a blank screen.

Try swapping out the power supply with a known good one. What PSU are you using?

Back