MOBO problem?????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
My girlfriend has a Gateway 500GR with only an added 128 graphics card. One day everything was working as it should and the next day when she went to turn it on, the power came on, but that's it. Fans were blowing and the mobo light was on, but the hard drive didn't spin (at least I dont think it did) and the monitor receives no signal no matter which card it's plugged into. I don't recal hearing a beep when the power is turned on, but I could be mistaken. Obviously you have to hold in the power button to shut it off.

ANY IDEAS ON WHAT THE PROBLEM OR SOLUTION COULD BE?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

hey

Did u check your ram if their inserted nice and tight......i suppose the boot screen doesnt show up..what you can do is take out the jumper near the CMOS battery on the motherboard and after like 5 mins put it right back in !!

see if this helps

if you have an old graphics card to try, it might be an idea to take the new one out and put the old one in. if the coputer boots, take the old one back out and put the new one back in. That should at least narrow down the problem to a few possibilities depending on what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back