Modem device on high definition audio bus

HI there,

I looked at my device manager, I've noticed that under network adapters, other device there is a little yellow ?(question mark) below Modem device on high definition Audio bus ? (question mark)
I search through Toshiba download, I couldn't find anything to download or upgrade?

what to download and from where ?

any help is appreciated

Thanks

HI there,

I looked at my device manager, I've noticed that under network adapters, other device there is a little yellow ?(question mark) below Modem device on high definition Audio bus ? (question mark)
I search through Toshiba download, I couldn't find anything to download or upgrade?

what to download and from where ?

any help is appreciated

Thanks
You said it's under "Network Adapters"????

I'm guessing you're seeing it listed under "Other"? In any case, the name sounds like it is a High Definition Modem on your Toshiba. Look under the Audio Drivers on the Toshiba website for a modem device and download its driver

If you still need help, give the exact model of your Toshiba computer and tell us what version of Windows you are running

You said it's under "Network Adapters"????

I'm guessing you're seeing it listed under "Other"? In any case, the name sounds like it is a High Definition Modem on your Toshiba. Look under the Audio Drivers on the Toshiba website for a modem device and download its driver

If you still need help, give the exact model of your Toshiba computer and tell us what version of Windows you are running

it's under other, here is the link but I can't find my model

do you know an other website where I can download ?
I can't post the link, where do I download?

I have Win xp, laptop satellite, i included in my signature but it didn't show?

thanks

Different Toshiba models use different chips which, in turn, can require different drivers. Let's try it this way

List any Problem Devices
  • Make sure devices are connected and powered on
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
  • On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report
  • Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag and click OK
    ===> If you’re running 32 bit Windows, dxdiag will launch on its own
    ===> If you’re running 64 bit Windows, you’ll see 64-bit DxDiag. Click it to launch the 64-bit version of dxdiag
  • Notice progress in lower left window corner
  • When done, click Save Information button and save to your Desktop
  • In TechSpot window, use the paper clip icon to attach the report. (If you don't see icon you may need to first click Go Advanced)

Different Toshiba models use different chips which, in turn, can require different drivers. Let's try it this way

List any Problem Devices
  • Make sure devices are connected and powered on
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
  • On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report
  • Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag and click OK
    ===> If you’re running 32 bit Windows, dxdiag will launch on its own
    ===> If you’re running 64 bit Windows, you’ll see 64-bit DxDiag. Click it to launch the 64-bit version of dxdiag
  • Notice progress in lower left window corner
  • When done, click Save Information button and save to your Desktop
  • In TechSpot window, use the paper clip icon to attach the report. (If you don't see icon you may need to first click Go Advanced)

i did a run msinfo32 but I didn't see any result or component?

thanks

Back