TechSpot

Modem, Router, and another Router

By Nyucka
May 23, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hey guys, im new to the boards, and heres my q'.. i have two DLink DI-524's(one is a version A, and the other is a version C), H/W:C is hooked up in my living room, next to the modem, and then i have a cable going from that router to my room where the other router is, and then it splits the connection between my computer and my xbox. I've set up both routers to work, and i've tested them both, but when i try to piggy back the connection from modem, to router, then to router, it gives me an error page..does anyone have an idea how to fix this?...
  2. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,916   +9

Did you disable DHCP servers in routers?
  3. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 9,431

Did you search for and read any of the (probably dozens) other "i want to daisy-chain two routers" threads on these very forums.

Don't think that you are somehow unique :p
  4. Nyucka

Nyucka TS Rookie Topic Starter

do i disable the DHCP servers on both of the routers?....or just one of them?
  5. N3051M

N3051M TS Rookie Posts: 2,800

just one. the other one should be hooked on your modem (the one with dhcp enabled)
  6. Nyucka

Nyucka TS Rookie Topic Starter

thank you....i got it to work, just took some tuning...thanks guys...
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.