Modem router help please

By Tabitha
Sep 30, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi,
    I confess to being a dummy when it comes to modems, routers etc so please bear with me.
    I currently run bt broadband using a bt voyager 100 modem. My speed is 2.2mbps.
    I want to connect several computers to the internet and share files, printer etc. (2 computers hard wired and 1 laptop wireless).
    I have purchased a Belkin ADSL modem with High-speed Mode Wireless G Router. The box also says 802.11g,2.4Ghz and wireless.
    I managed to connect my main computer which i use to connect to the internet, to the new Belkin modem (more luck than judgement!). The problems is that the internet became really slow.
    Is this a problem that I will always face with this modem or should it be as fast as my current bt voyager modem. Have gone back to the bt modem for the time being as I don't want to invest anymore time in setting it all up if it will always be slow.
    Any advice to make this a bit clearer would be great.
    Many thanks
    Tabitha x
  2. pkroks

pkroks Newcomer, in training Posts: 376

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.