Modem-wired router-switch-wireless router question

My network looks like this
Modem to 4 port wired router with 3 ports to PCs, 1 port to 24 port switch with 4 ports to PCs and 1 port to a wireless router with 4 ports which wireless to wireless devices AND 3 ports to wired devices. My question is how should I set my wired router and my wireless router to work this way? Reason it is this way is because my modem is on one end of the house but I want my wireless router in the middle of the house. I haven't found a thread about a setup like mine yet.

Thanks in advanced guys.

Just by looking at your statement its bound to lose a signal one way or one of ethernet cords may get damaged.
You could use desktop A for the cable/dsl modem then you would configure your main router to connect through the modem.
Then have your router connect through a network switcher in the middle of home.
https://www.howtogeek.com/99001/htg-explains-routers-and-switches/
Have a look towards the bottom this is what I want you to do and should be easier to do

One router port directly to the switch.
Switch conects to any LAN slot on the wifi router, leaving its WAN slot empty.
Disable DHCP on the wifi router.

All devices will use the main router DHCP for configurations.
If main router has wifi, put one on channel 1 and 11 for the other.

I use this myself.

Disable DHCP on the wifi router.
If main router has wifi, put one on channel 1 and 11 for the other.

If he does that on the router all of the other devices will need to pull a static ip address from the router.
Do you mean the main router or secondary router, I am asking to get a clear view of what your thinking.

Main router does not have wifi. Its just there to do the dhcp routing. I just wanted to be sure that having my wireless router behind it (since I wanted my wireless in the middle of house) I wouldn't have issues and be able to share to all devices across the house. So as long as I connect LAN to LAN, and disable dhcp on wireless router I won't have a problem correct? And as long as I give the wireless router a static outside of the addresses that my main router gives out I'll still be able to connect and configure my wireless router through my network?

If he does that on the router all of the other devices will need to pull a static ip address from the router.
Do you mean the main router or secondary router, I am asking to get a clear view of what your thinking.
Main router does not have wifi. Its just there to do the dhcp routing. I just wanted to be sure that having my wireless router behind it (since I wanted my wireless in the middle of house) I wouldn't have issues and be able to share to all devices across the house. So as long as I connect LAN to LAN, and disable dhcp on wireless router I won't have a problem correct?

Your going to have problems right from the get go lets think about it, if your main router is offering dhcp ip addresses.
Also your wireless router will receive those ip addresses as dhcp would it not be a wise idea to let the wireless router provide those addresses to your devices ?

Long as your computers, mobile phone, consoles will pick up on dhcp addresses and use them you won't have much of a problem.
On your computers have them configured to lease a ip address for a full day and pull one in the middle of the night.
This is how I do it on my machine and with my devices in the house, nine times out of 10 it will keep the same ip address unless something else gets it.

If you want to do it with static ip addresses, you may try it out for a day and see what happens but I really don't recommend it.
Its complicated and aggrevating if your network goes down and you need to reset up and fix whatever broke it to begin with.

My problem is my modem is on one end of the house along with all the network cabling for the house but I'd prefer my wireless to be in the middle of the house. And only I only have one cat 6 line from the modem room to the room where my wireless is. If I was to only use my wireless router for everything I'd either have to move it back to the room with the modem and suffer poor wireless on the other side of the house or run a second cable to the room where I'd want my wireless router so I could go from modem, across house to wireless router, from wireless router back across house to room with modem into my switch.

Tell me your main router name and your wireless router name and model number.
To get what you want you will need a longer cat 6 ethernet cable running along the ceiling.
You're probably aware of that and know how costly the cable can be.
If you can find a reputable computer shop that has a certified network technician.
Let them do it for you and run tests to make sure it works otherwise you will need to do it on solo with a pal or 2.

Sweet I checked both of your items your router can do wireless so don't sweat it too much.
Lets hold off and wait for Jobeard to come back and see what he suggests for setting it up properly.

Main router does not have wifi. Its just there to do the dhcp routing. I just wanted to be sure that having my wireless router behind it (since I wanted my wireless in the middle of house) I wouldn't have issues and be able to share to all devices across the house. So as long as I connect LAN to LAN, and disable dhcp on wireless router I won't have a problem correct?
that's correct. The primary router will control all dhcp assignments.

And as long as I give the wireless router a static outside of the addresses that my main router gives out I'll still be able to connect and configure my wireless router through my network?
Correct again - - Personally, I set the WiFi router at 192.168.x.254, the last address of the subnet.

The auto assignment of IP is fine - - until you need to use Print or File Sharing.

You can set the printer IP manually, say 192.168.x.253 and all systems will be able to find it ALWAYS at that address.

Shared Folder need to on systems with a constant IP also - - use address reservation via DHCP on the device MAC is the right way to handle this. Once a Share is Mapped, it can be reconnected automatically.

That is not true - - it may be useful, but is not a requirement

No thats not right he wanted to use static ip addresses for the other devices starting with the main router.
Thats why I said that and asked you a question to fully clarify that.

Thanks Jo for coming back and giving him a hand.

Thanks Jo for coming back and giving him a hand.
We took off to Salem, OR for the Eclipse experience - - really cool to see first hand. The ***** was a normal 1hr drive to Portland took over 4hrs and required extensive GPS to keep moving West to avoid total stand-still.

Back