Modern Warfare 2 drama continues, remaining IW lead designers call it quits

By Rick
Apr 15, 2010
  1. Despite producing the most successful launch of any game to date with Modern Warfare 2, Infinity Ward’s entire lead design staff has resigned. It has been reported that the latest four employees to abandon ship include the final two lead designers: Steve Fukuda and Zeid Reike.

Read the whole story
  2. CMH

CMH TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,039   +9

I'm not putting really high hopes on the next installment of this series....

/me still sore about lack of dedicated servers...
  3. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,887   +644

Agreed, although I'm looking forward to see whar respawn ent. come up with, since they invented COD i'm sure they can do another hit game =)
  4. TorturedChaos

TorturedChaos TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 828   +17

good thing I have never got into the MW games :D.
  5. BlindObject

BlindObject TS Rookie Posts: 412

Good bye Call of Duty games! =D
  6. I guess over 1 billion dollars isn't enough for Activision. Looks like they're greedy *****s who've shot themselves in the foot to save a few dollars by not paying out bonuses. I also agree that I don't have much hope for the next version of Call of Duty.
  7. Neojt

Neojt TS Booster Posts: 165   +22

This is another example of big companies destroying good products by trying to shape it their way

if it aint broken dont fix it!
  8. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,550   +594

So does this mean Infinity Ward is hiring? ;)
  9. Docnoq

Docnoq TS Booster Posts: 143

If you like being mistreated, abused, and receiving no credit for your work, go ahead and apply TomSEA :p
  10. Tekkaraiden

Tekkaraiden TS Evangelist Posts: 990   +90

I'd be assuming so. :)
  11. Treyarch come on more zombies and good gameplay not ruined by nub tubes
  12. tengeta

tengeta TS Enthusiast Posts: 612

Way to be EA, Activision. What the hell were these companies expecting when they sold out to the big guys in the first place?
  13. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,011   +18

They had a free weekend on Steam. First game I played I had horrible lag and eventually it kicked me off. Next game was ok, but overall left a bad first impression. Wasn't quite worth even $50. I'll stick with COD4 for now.
  14. afraid an xbox jock will kick yer bottom ? ;-)
  15. Axiarus

Axiarus TS Addict Posts: 217   +91

SO glad that they wont be working on Battlefield. I don't want the people that made MW crap working on Battlefield.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.