TechSpot

Mold in water cooler lines

By Butterball
Mar 15, 2002
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Molding water cooler

as i was unpluging my computer to goto the last lan party i noticed a ugly buildup of green sluge in my tubing. i know this is mold and am not sure what to do about it i was thinking maybe run some very diluted bleack (1:50) what do you guy (and/or gals) think?

2. Vehementi

Vehementi TechSpot Paladin Posts: 3,199

What are you using as a liquid?
    Some bleach should do fine. Take the water pipes out before you do it (obviously :rolleyes: )

3. uncleel

uncleel TS Rookie Posts: 1,145

4. boeingfixer

boeingfixer TS Rookie Posts: 1,245

A small amount of Anti-Freeze or an algeside from a pet shop for fish tanks should do the trick too. You dont need but a few drops.

Good luck

5. Butterball

Butterball TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 79

i think that would work, was going to use anti-freeze H20 mix from the start but it would void the warrity onmy system but oh well the mold is worst than losing the warrinty

6. MrGaribaldi

MrGaribaldi TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 2,802

what sort of anti-freeze mix?
    Anti-freeze has the small problem that it decreases the heat transfer property of water....
    So if you want to use it, make sure it's a small dozeage...

The bleech is a better bett, and since it's a closed loop system, it shouldn't be a problem... (small doze here too)

Your best bet is the algea killer from a pet store... It'll do wonders without doing anything wrong with your system...

.02$

7. uncleel

uncleel TS Rookie Posts: 1,145

Oh Lord, they read but they do not comprehend!

• Obviously, the manufacturer does not recommend anti-freeze.
      Don't Use It!
    • Check their website or email tech support.
    • why ask for suggestions & then intend to void your warrant?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.