TechSpot

Moneto brings mobile payments to iPhone, Android through NFC add-on

By Jos
Jan 11, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. The idea of using our smartphone to pay for products, although already widely implemented in some countries, is just starting to gain traction in the U.S. with the launch of…

Read the whole story

2. HiDDeNMisT

HiDDeNMisT TS Enthusiast Posts: 204   +11

This sounds very interesting. But if your phone gets stolen or lost, can't the people just buy stuff on your card?

3. H3llion

H3llion TechSpot Paladin Posts: 977   +99

McDonalds for children, good advertising!

/facepalm

What if there are hackers around and hack the system? I can see that happening.

4. Ranger12

Ranger12 TS Guru Posts: 642   +118

Would be interested to see whether people spend more with this type of payment method just like people tend to spend more when paying with plastic rather than cash.

5. matrix86

matrix86 TS Maniac Posts: 804   +9

If someone steals your wallet, can't they just buy stuff on your card? No difference here. If you're out and about and you lose your phone, just drop by your bank and report the theft (telling them your card info is on there) and they'll just cancel your card. And there are apps out there that give you control over your phone through a simple text message. At least I had one when I was on my blackberry. I could track it with a key word, I could wipe it with a key word, I could lock it with a key word...i'm sure there's something like this for android.......hm, gonna have to look around. I liked having all that :p

6. tw0rld

tw0rld TS Maniac Posts: 609   +6

Interesting way to rob a store.

7. matrix86

matrix86 TS Maniac Posts: 804   +9

Only thing is, Moneto is a MasterCard thing. Guess us Visa holders are SOL unless they allow us to add our card to it :(

8. kinect on Windows hardware and accompanying version 1 software will be available on 2012/2/1 in 12 countries at the retail price of US $249.

I'm really exited for this news!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.