Monitor Blinks when I load a 3d game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edwin Phate

(It goes black screen and the green led light on the monitor blinks) I can hear the Audio and sometimes it freezes up my computer to where I cant alt tab or even hit windows key to get back to my desktop I dont think its the graphics card driver but i dont see what else it could be.

I am currently using my 7300 gs. Could it be my power supply is faulty and i cant play any games?

Processor: Athlon 64 X2 4000+ 2 GHz
* RAM: 5GB 3x1gb 1x2gb
* Hard Drive: 300 gb
* Optical Storage: DVD±RW
* Graphics Controller: Geforce 7300gs

* Networking: Network adapter, Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet
* Warranty: 1 Year Limited
\
AM1100-B1300A ATHLON 64 X2 BE-2300+/1GB/250GB/DUAL DVD DL/SPEAKER/MODEM/MC READER/PS2 KB & MOUSE/VISTA
Wireless Pci Card
1 dvd/cd drive

Of course you should update as instructed... It may help your problem, but in the very least, it will help your computers security

i have automactic updates on but i was thinking could it be i didnt uninstall my previous driver for my 9600gt i just installed the 7300gs driver over it

Run Windows Update manually and choose "Custom". Run Windows Updates until there are no more updates to install. Pay close attention to the critical and hardware updates

You should always perform a full uninstall of previous graphics drivers before installing a new card. Uninstall all drivers now. Then put in the 7300GS and install it's drivers afresh.

"You should always perform a full uninstall of previous graphics drivers before installing a new card"...

This was true in the "old" days, but it is not true now with Nvidia, Ritwik7. The Nvidia 7300GS driver is updated by installing a new driver right over the old one. I used to do this with ATI too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back