Monitor displays nothing/isn't being recognized

Ok, so today I installed a bunch of new updates (dont remember any of them) and one of them apparently caused a problem I have become familiar with. If i try to enter the nvidia control panel I get this message:You are not currently using a display attached to an Nvidia GPU. This problem seems to be caused by installing new drivers, intel or nvidia. So I went and did my fix method which involves uninstalling all the nvidia and intel drivers, then restarting once. This causes the monitor to display nothing which is what normally happens. I then restart again and everything is fine. I imagine that during the first blank screen restart the computer is installing old drivers that work. So anyways, this time after the second restart I still got no display at all. For some reason my computer wont recognize my monitor or video card or both. I am very confident that none of my hardware is broken. My main video card is a gtx 560 and the other one is some intel hd thing that came with the computer. On start up I get a message showing my monitors logo after that I get a message that says no signal and the monitor goes into power saving mode and displays nothing.

So basically to sum things up, I uninstalled my nvidia drivers and now my monitor gets no signal and displays nothing.

"My main video card is a gtx 560 and the other one is some intel hd thing that came with the computer"...

"the other one is some intel hd thing"
This is your motherboard's on-board video and it should be disabled in the bios, so that the 560 can work properly. The 560 is PCIe x16 right? Is the PCIe slot enabled in the bios?

Nothing on the monitor even connecting it to the on-board video port?

when i first start up, the monitor flashes the acer logo then gives me the no signal message and it goes into power saving mode. other than the the computer seems to be running normally. i cant get into safe mode or into the bios. do you think i should try removing the video card and powering up? would that maybe force it into using the on board care for display?

"would that maybe force it into using the on board card for display?"

Yes, you can do that, and let us know what happens

Back