Monitor does not work and just stays black

Hi, I tried opening my computer this morning and my screen did not show anything, it just stayed black, i tried plugging another monitor to my computer and it worked, so I just want to know how to make it work. I do not want to stay with this big monitor. takes up my whole desk

Ok soo Im assuming the other monitor that worked is CRT ? Your current monitor does not turn on when you turn on the CPU. Do you see any lights on the monitor ? orange light possibly.

Turn monitor on and off again, then try using a different power cable, and finally try plugging in the monitor to your video cards other output.

If you still get nothing, then your monitor is busted. Take it back where you got it from or RMA. In mean time maybe this is good time for your to go dual monitor setup. Soo buy a 24 inch for 200 dollars, then when your monitor comes back from RMA make it your second monitor. ? youll never go back.....

When it's plugged in to my computer and I turn my computer on, i can see a green light telling me it's on and when I leave it idled for like 15mins it turns orange like usual but the screen is just Black. I don't know if that narrows the problem down.

Thanks a lot for helping me fix this problem :)

np my friend. If you get a Green light, that means the monitor is not officially dead.

If you get a orange light, then that means the monitor cant read any signals.

Things to try. Try another monitor to narrow the problem. If it works then it was the monitor and not your video card or comp. Also try different power cable, and a different DVI cable, Also try both ports on back of your video card. Let me know.. thx gl, and gb

hi, I tried it with another cable (the one with the two blue tips) and i could see a little bit but it was faint, I could barely see.
The light is green so the monitor can read a signal.
it works with this old monitor and cable tho.

Thanks again, hope this narrows the problem down :)

Can you see a POST when you turn on your comp ???

With the messed up monitor and try both ports on video card. Let me know thx

gl

Back