TechSpot

Monitor goes black after a couple days of use

By aarondoyel
Oct 16, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. I run dual monitors on my computer when i connect the second one it works great for a couple of days and then goes black i cant get it back on the power buttons light does not come on if someone has a suggestion on anything to try that would be great. It is a Samsung if that helps at all.

2. Appzalien

Appzalien TS Rookie Posts: 96

I have had issues with monitor power cause unlike the vga/dvi connector there is no screw holders to hold the power cord in. And since lcd monitors typically plug upwards into the back they can come loose. I actually had a single lcd that stopped working and all I did was slide it a little from one position on the table to another (it wasn't on at the time). It was days before I realized the power cord was in far enough to light the little green power light, but not enough to power the screen. Once I pushed it all the way back up, it worked fine.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.