Monitor going to sleep and Freezing randomly

Status
Not open for further replies.
While i am doing something on my computer it will randomly say monitor going to sleep with a blank backround then gose off. Then i am not able to turn it back on and i must restart my computer in order to make it work.

Also on top of that my computer freezes. It usally happens when i am watching a video or flash movie or at least i noticed it more during something like that.

Things i tried and know.
I have tryed the power supply thing and every is on never.
My video card isnt overheating with my first problem because it happened with in seconds of booting my computer. Tho i dont know about the freezing.

My monitor is a HP vs17e
My video card is a Geforce 7800
Windows XP, Asustek motherboared, Intel pentium 4 524.
Made by HP

My video drivers are up to date along with Direct X

If theres anymore info i must provide id be happy to.

Try this - go into Control panel, find power options and chose to never shut the monitor off or for it to go to sleep.

have you got anything set in the BIOS concerning 'sleep' or 'power' or any economy power settings?

insoman said:
have you got anything set in the BIOS concerning 'sleep' or 'power' or any economy power settings?

No. From what i know its none of that. Had this computer for almost 2 years and i havnt had this problem scept when i first got it. But that was because it would not play WoW and i needed a graphics card that could. Now i know the freezing isnt caused by overheating for it happend few min after i restarted.

Also i am using and i am updated to SP3

Does your motherboard support AGP or PCI-e video cards? I think you may be running AGP. If so, they are becomming rare now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back