Monitor has issues with detecting input?

kmatthews24

Hi, i own a BenQ T903 19" LCD monitor and lately its been acting up. Basically a blue screen continuosly appears and disappears on the monitor saying:

"input select" then gives me two options D-sub and DVI

but i dont have to press anything and it will just keep flickering on my monitor, its absolutely annoying. The only fix i can think of was to check my connection, and its fine. Any ideas?

That sounds like it's searching for a signal. You need to hook the monitor to another computer first, to rule out problems with the video in your desktop.

The only fix i can think of was to check my connection, and its fine.
How did you check your connection? If you haven't already, try another cable.

Have you tried another monitor to rule out the suspect monitors problem. It may be the video card or on-board video causing this

Back to the computer... maybe a loose connection to the DVI or D-Sub connectors in the video card

Yes, sometimes there is a small ribbon cable connected to the video card that may be loose. If not, you may have to replace the card if it is an add-on card and not on-board video. If it is on-board video, you may have to buy an add-on video card... Confused?

If it is a separate card, perhaps it is loose in its slot so that when you removed the old cable and attached the new one, it wiggled the slot connection enough to temporarily establish a stable connection. But now it's loose again.

Try running the freeware CPU-Z. It has a graphics tab that should say what your graphics card is.

Back